Investing in yourself is the best gift you can give to yourself. Here are 10 ways to invest in yourself.
1. Read books, educational podcasts and blogs. Reading expand your mind and have to power to bring you where you have never been, it can give you new dreams
2. Invest in your future. Take courses that speaks to you, go to seminars, workshops, start thinking thoroughly about your future the lifestyle you want. Pick a hobby you are passionate about that and master it.
3. Have many streams of income, with the forever changing economy, you cannot only rely o one source of income, you never know what will happen tomorrow. Having multiple source of income will help you sleep better at night.
4. Honor your intuition. Listen to your gut will allow you to make better decisions. Do you trust yourself enough to listen to your own advice as well?
5. Build your confidence. I have read somewhere that people who truly know their values have things to say and other will just listen. Be confident, you need to be confident to effectively express yourself.
7. Invest in a coach. It can be a mentor who guide you or simply someone who inspired you. Find a role model, it might not be the exact thing you want for your life but you might find certain traits in the journey of your chosen coach which is similar to yours. Looking up to someone can help you achieve more.
8. Invest in your health. You cannot be productive if you are not in good shape. Exercise, eat healthy meals, get moving every single day even just for 30 minute. Exercises also give you energy that boost your confidence.
9. Set goals. “If you don’t know where you want to be in the next 5 years maybe you are already there.” Know where you are going, have SMART goals. Specific, measurable, attainable realistic and within specific period of time.
10. Choose your circle wisely. The most important part of investing in yourself is choosing the people you allow around you wisely. The people around you either help you to the top or destroy you.Get rid of toxic relationships, know your true friends, spend your time in the right circle.
Remember that you will need to invest in yourself emotionally, physically, intellectually and spiritually.
How do you invest in yourself?
Till next Sunday