You will be fool to think that you cannot learn from anyone. In life you can learn from anyone, whether they are older or younger than you, better in life or still hustling, poor or rich, everywhere there is an opportunity to learn. I have asked 21 different people to give me their best advice. The 21 advice below came from my Instagram followers, strangers I met in trains, buses, at school, at the grocery store and some are from my friends.
21 best advice I could get from strangers
1. Rose told me: “Always do what makes you happy without caring about others. Just care about God.”
2. Henry said: ” Try to find first what you are not before finding out who you really are.”
3. Praise told me: “Allow yourself to be yourself and don’t try to be someone else.”
4. Liliane said: “Be humble in everything you do, don’t take anything for granted.”
5. Adeline told me: ” No matter how heavy the journey may seems to be always stay focus on the reason you started it at the first place”.
6. A lady I met in the train told me “Life is too short to care about what people think of you.”
7. Franck said: “Always believe in yourself you can achieve anything.”
8. Mariana told me: “use your failures as a way to create opportunities.”
9. Alex Flo said: ” Don’t expect to always be motivated by external help, sometimes you just have to do it yourself.”
10. Gracia told me: ” PRAY as if everything depends on God and ACT as it everything depends on you.”
11. Sixte said to me: ” As a strong believer in Christ, I will only tell you to have Christ in your life because when you have Christ you have everything”
12. Ines told me: ” You only live once, make the best out of it”
13. Anne- Marie said: ” Only remember that humility is the key”
14. Lisa told me: ” Focus and trust in your capabilities”
15. It required a lot of courage to ask the same question to the one and only Ice Prince Zamani at his book launch earlier this month. He told me: ” to someone who look up to me the best advice I can give is if I was able to make it in life, you can also do it”
16. Funny enough I wanted to add this advice from one of my classmate. She told me: “never take any advice from me, my life is messed up I don’t want you to follow my path”
17. A cab (taxi driver) told me: ” the best advice I can give is your time will come, don’t follow your friends. Focus on what you’re doing for your life now”
18. In a field trip a lady told me: ” don’t give different level of respect to people because of the place they occupy in your life but respect them firstly because they are human beings” I didn’t get it and she further explain that respecting your partner shouldn’t be because he is your partner but respect him first because he is a human being. the same applies don’t be rude to a waiter just because he is paid to serve you, respect him or her because he or she is a human being. Respect one another.
19. Another one on the same field trip told me: “don’t be to easy to judge people who are in toxic relations, you don’t know how hard it is for them to understand that situation and leave, don’t give up or turn your back on them.”
20. In the book I am currently reading YOU ARE A BADASS, I read a quote saying: ” the first thing you have to do is to love yourself unless you have a better idea.”
21. The Uber driver told me: “When you are building your life, stick to one partner or stay single to avoid making unnecessary spending on keeping up with life. I spent so many on girlfriends that I forgot to take care of my wife and kids and I was close to lose everything”
22. I could not finish this post without getting the best advice from my mother. She told me: “Put God first, trust in Him and don’t forget to pray for anything and everything”
That was 21 best advice I could get from people. Some people were reluctant to give me an advice and preferred no to say anything but I am happy I could find some people who were willing to share their knowledge with me.
What is the best advice you can give to someone? Or the best advice you’ve ever received?
Leave a comment below and let be ourselves
Till next Sunday