The festive season is approaching and Christmas decorations have invaded malls and public places. As a student in a foreign country, I don’t usually have the opportunity to go back home during this season and I have to find ways to have great time and create memories rather than staying alone and bored in my apartment.
I have done my researches and come up with a list of lifestyle events happening in Johannesburg this festive season. If you are like me and you are not planning to travel this festive season, this post is for you. Some of them are strictly no under 18 and some others are open to everyone and family friendly. Here is a list of events happening in Johannesburg in November and December 2019.
9+ events happening in Johannesburg this festive season
1. Jozi Tese Festival, Ruimsig Stadium, November 30
2. Gauteng Summer cup 2019, Turffontein Racecourse, November 30
3. Big picnic 2019, Old park station Johannesburg, November 30
4. Beach Festival Silverstar Casino, December 2019
5. Garden of Light Emperor Palace, December 2019
6. Holiday fun at Joburg Zoo, December 2019
7. Melrose Arch lights, December 2019
8. Picnic and Market under the stars, Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden, December 2019
9. Golddish outdoor experience, Montecasino, December 14
10. Afro punk Joburg 2019 festival, Constitutional Hill, 28 December 2019
11. Joburg Zoo Festival of lights, December 2019
Don’t allow yourself to be alone this festive season. Meet up with your friends who are still around, plan a little barbecue, a picnic or volunteer at a soup kitchen.
What are your plans for this festive season?
Till next Sunday