” It is the things that you do on a daily basis that guarantee you to be a better version of yourself.” Becoming a new person requires work and complete dedication after all it is your life you want to change. Start by finding out what are the things that prevent you from becoming the best version of yourself. No one was born with good and bad habits, they are learned and can be unlearned. Now let’s dive into different habits you can add into your personal development journey.
15+ habits to pick in your personal growth and development journey
1. Love yourself a little more everyday, because your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship you have to maintain. See related article How to have a better relationship? and Things you didn’t know about self-love to understand why.
2. Redefine your goals in life and find the The powerful why to what you want to achieve. Finding your why will keep you going.
3. List the qualities you want to develop and the benefits you will get from developing them. See related post on 21 qualities you must develop
4. Stop eating more than you can chew. Stop overworking yourself, do one thing at the time, you are not a robot.
5. Get rid of negative people and energies in your life. Everything that prevent you to fully be yourself, get rid of them, no excuses. Know who are your people
6. Spend at least one hour daily learning something that will help you get closer to your dreams and goals.
7. Figure out what you like. Find out what you like and what makes you happy and what you don’t like and make you feel uncomfortable.
8. Be open. Build new relationships whether it is friendship, romance or being kind to your colleague at school or at work. Be open to try new things, visit new places and understand people around you.
9. Pray and meditate as much as you can. Praying every single day has been perfectly working for me.
10. Don’t be afraid to show your true self everyday. Everyone is pushing you to be a certain kind of person and act a certain way: society, family, friends and even ourselves. At the end of the day, you owe it to yourself to be YOU.
11. Make time for what you love. In fact, make sure you create time to work on yourself, your dreams and goals.
12. Be kind to yourself and to people. Kindness doesn’t cost a cent
13. List the bad habits you would like to get rid of and picture the benefit of getting rid of them.
14. Show up for people you love. People who have always been there for you, who supported you when everyone was against you, who invested in you. Call them, visit them, let them know you appreciate them. They won;t be around forever so do you.
15. Reflect on yourself. Compare yourself to yourself, see if you love the person you are becoming. If you are not improving on your daily habits, imagine keeping the very same bad habits for the next year, will you still want to be part of your own life?
16. Have you ever heard about the saying “You are what you eat”? It is important to be in control of your diet. Eating healthy meals is not a luxury. Controlling what you eat is another great habit to develop.
17. Forgive and let go. Forgiveness brings you Inner Peace and set you free. Letting go will help you grow into a stronger person i the end.
What yo do on a daily basis determines whether you are moving forward or moving in circles.
What are the other great habits you have that help you growth?
Till next Sunday